Friday, July 24, 2009

DXCC


Well here it is, and this is also a good opportunity to thank the ARRL for offering the award, the LoTW for making is so much easier and cheaper than dealing with cards, which I still like, but they are slow coming in.

Of course I'd like to thank all the stations that answered my call. I do not have a huge big gun station, but use a rather modest 100w at the low end of the solar cycle. My antenna pales next to a SteppIR but evidently it is adequate enough for now.

I will continue chasing the DX as I'm not done with it and would like to get as high up as I can, maybe now being the right time to add some power to the station.

Thanks to all that made it possible!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Remember that DXing is a marathon, not a sprint. Climbing the hill to Honor Roll is a looooonng term pursuit. GL!

    73, Big Gun DX (aka Fi-Ni Report)

    ReplyDelete